Job Vacancy Announcement!
Post title: Chief Internal Auditor
Employment type: Contract full time
Duration: Five years with one year probation
About Bank of South Sudan (BoSS)
The BoSS was established by the Bank of South Sudan Act, 2011 and in accordance with the provisions of Article 53(3) (b) and Article 85(1) of the Transition Constitution of the Republic of South Sudan, 2011. The bank is an autonomous body with the primary objective to maintain price stability, foster the liquidity, solvency and effective functioning of a stable market –based financial system; and to promote a safe, sound and efficient national payment system which aims to maintain the stability of the financial system as whole.
Without prejudice to the primary objectives, the bank is also entrusted with the objective of supporting the general economic policies of the Government of South Sudan by promoting sustainable economic growth of the Republic of South Sudan.
To foster price stability, sustainable economic growth and sound financial system in the Republic of South Sudan through excellent regulatory framework, monetary and exchange rate operations, advisory and banking services.
To be a credible Central Bank in fostering and ensuring price and financial system stability.
Transparency, accountability, professionalism, efficiency and Teamwork.
The Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing compliance within the Bank, ensuring that the Bank and its employees are complying:
- With regulatory requirements
- With internal policies and procedures
The purpose of the job is to provide leadership to the internal audit functions so as to lend management support to the Board and the Top Management, and to make meaningful contributions to the Bank’s overall governance, risk management and internal control systems, efficiency and effectiveness in the utilization of budgets and other resources; by checking the smooth functioning of the Bank’s systems and operations; investigating the status of compliance with rules and regulations; giving constructive and corrective feedback to audited Directorates, Departments and Units by proposing necessary systems and controls.
The CIA provides reasonable assurance to Senior Management and the Board of Directors that there are effective and efficient policies and procedures in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and that the Bank is complying with all regulatory requirements. The CIA report directly to the Board Audit Committee and Governor. He must also inform the Board of Directors about weakness and violations arising from operations.
- Candidates must be holders of Accounting Professional certificates (Certified Accountants) from recognized International Accounting Associations (CPA, ACCA, etc.) or at least a master’s Degree holder in Accounting.
- 10 years or more of work experience in Auditing work.
Skills and competencies
- Proven skills in working with computers and basic Microsoft applications (MS Word, MS EXCEL, etc);
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Skills for managing audit projects;
- Skills in accounting and auditing methods and techniques
- Ability to see in great detail;
- Ability to display initiative;
- Ability to work within a team with colleagues from a wide range of professional backgrounds and contribute to the development of team culture and the achievement of common objectives;
- Ability to work without supervision and organize own workload and manage time effectively;
- Ability to communicate control issues to service managers;
- Ability to take direct management responsibility for the full range of management duties including leading and motivating staff;
- Ability to work under pressure, within agreed targets and timescales and deliver quality outcomes and
- Ability to promote and present Internal Audit to new and existing customers.
Personal characteristics or Ethical Requirements
(a) Other Requirements and Conditions:
- Nationality: Only South Sudanese are eligible to apply for this position.
- Age: Eligible applicants should be 40 to 50 Years of age.
- Language: Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
(b) How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their applications to:
Director of Human Resource,
Bank of South Sudan (BoSS)
Plot No. 1, Block D 6, P. O. Box 136, Juba Market, Juba, South Sudan
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be hand-dropped at the receptions of Bank of South Sudan Headquarter in Juba town.
The application should be accompanied with up-to-date CV in English; copies of birth certificate, nationality ID; copies of authenticated academic documents; the CV should include phone and email; contact details of at least three professional referees, including most recent/current employer/supervisor.
(c) Full job descriptions, skills and competencies requirements can be collected from the office of Director of HR during working hours (9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
Current eligible BoSS employees are allowed to apply.
(d) Deadline for submission of Applications is Thursday 23rd September 2021.
(e) – BoSS is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
– All applications submitted will not be returned and
– Late applications will not be accepted.
Samuel Yanga Mikaya
Director General of Administration & Finance
Bank of South Sudan (BoSS), Juba – HQ.